Sunday, November 05, 2006

Skull Mugs!!!

OMFG - keep this to yourselves, but I just found something extremely cool. Shockingly cool. In the mid 90's I was sent to Vegas for a trade show. This was back before pirates were cool, and we stayed at Treasure Island. Perhaps they still do this, but at the time $7 got you a life-sized glass pirate skull filled with neon colored booze and fruit and you got to keep the mug. The mid-90's was just the start of my Tiki obsession and somehow I ended up with 5 of these tiki-tastic skull mugs.

Then in 2000 I started the epic journey of moving from place to place that continues to this day and the mugs seemed lost forever...

But tonight... I have found them at the bottom of a box! They shimmer there with the same shine I know gold must have when you stumble across the pirate chest in the sand on the beach, only without the inconvenient dead pirate skeleton over it.

I don't dare unpack them yet. That would require rum, ice, mixers, drink umbrellas, loud shirts and even louder companions. Now that they've been found their Mojo will remain hidden until the next Tiki Mojo Hideout, because you know, oh yes, there will be another.

Still reading? Well, here's what else this post is about:

Your ass - is it funky enough? Will it ever be funky enough?

Either way, $2 pints Tuesday nights at The Mash Tun just off Alberta. Good beer, decent food.

Join us. Say around 6:30 - 7pm or so?

See you there...

Citysearch review & address
Portland Mercury review

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home